A screw conveyor is a machine that uses a motor to drive a screw to rotate and move materials to achieve the purpose of transportation. It can be transported horizontally, inclinedly or vertically, and has the advantages of simple structure, small cross-sectional area, good sealing, easy operation, easy maintenance, and convenient closed transportation.
The screw conveyor is mainly used to convey all kinds of powdery, granular, and small lump materials. The conveyed bulk materials include grain, beans, flour and other food products, cement, clay, sand and other building materials, salts and alkalis. , Chemical fertilizers and other chemicals, as well as bulk cargoes such as coal, coke and ore. The screw conveyor is not suitable for conveying materials that are easily deteriorated, have a high viscosity, a large block, and are easy to agglomerate. In addition to conveying bulk materials, screw conveyors can also be used to transport various items. The screw conveyor can complete the operations of mixing, stirring and cooling while conveying materials. In ports, screw conveyors are mainly used for unloading trucks, unloading ships and horizontal and vertical transportation of bulk materials in warehouses. Screw unloaders that use horizontal screw shafts that directly contact materials to unload materials from both sides of the carriage layer by layer have been successfully used in domestic ports for many years. The screw ship unloader, which is composed of a horizontal screw conveyor, a vertical screw conveyor and a relative screw reclaimer, has become a relatively advanced continuous ship unloader model, which is increasingly widely used in domestic and foreign special cargo terminals.
1) The structure is relatively simple and the cost is low.
2) Reliable work and easy maintenance and management.
3) Compact size, small cross-sectional size, and small footprint. It is easy to enter and exit hatches and carriages during the unloading and unloading operations at the port.
4) Sealed transportation can be realized, which is conducive to transporting easily flying, hot and odorous materials, which can reduce environmental pollution and improve the working conditions of port workers.
5) Easy to load and unload. The horizontal screw conveyor can be loaded and unloaded at any point on its conveyor line; the configuration of the vertical screw conveyor can have excellent reclaiming performance relative to the screw reclaimer.
6) It can be transported in the reverse direction, and a conveyor can also transport materials in two directions at the same time, that is, to the center or away from the center.